As the name implies, hourly hotels in mumbai refers to renting hotel rooms by the hour. You book a room for 3 hours, 6 hours, or 12 hours rather than a full day if you’re only staying for a few hours. Despite a large traveling population, hotels in India have an average occupancy rate of less than 60%. Due to the rigid full-day booking traditions, there is a segment of travelers who do not book hotels.
Traditionally, travelers had to book a hotel with a fixed check-in and check-out time, which was inconvenient for them. However, the concept of micro-stays is gaining popularity among travelers, particularly business travelers. Hourly hotels have grown in popularity among travelers because many stay only for the night to pay only for their stay.
Why do people need an hourly hotel basis?
- Customers are charged for the entire day and end up paying a large sum even if they only use the room for 4 hours which burns a big hole in your pocket.
- These are the times when we wished we could pay on an hourly basis.
- This is now a reality of the hourly hotels in mumbai concept.
- It is not only beneficial to customers, but it is also extremely beneficial to hotel chains.
- They are now strategically renting out rooms by the hour during the times of day when the majority of the rooms are generally unoccupied.
Where Can I Get It?
- Many new businesses are forming alliances with hotels to provide this service to their customers.
- Mistay, Frotels, and 9to5.com are a few start-ups that offer this hourly-stay option to their customers.
- Brevistay is a startup that even allows check-ins at 6 a.m.
How popular are these hourly hotels?
- According to surveys, this trend is very likely to catch up in the coming years.
- This is a very profitable option for hotels near popular pilgrimage sites, airports, railway stations, and hospitals.
- Many high-profile hotel chains, including Hyatt, IHG, Accor, and Sheraton, are planning to join the room-by-hour league.
What facilities are offered by hourly hotels?
Some hotels that offer hourly rooms have bunk beds, meeting rooms, and relaxation lounges that may be very useful to customers staying on hourly hotels in mumbai to rest or freshen up. This hourly stay concept includes both budget and luxury hotels. So, in addition to offering customers a room-by-hour service, they are also moving toward a more open mindset.
Benefits of hourly hotels
Hourly basis payment – Hourly hotels have grown in popularity among travelers because many stay only for the night to pay only for their stay. For example, suppose you’re on a road trip and need to stop for the night; most hotels will charge for a full day of lodging, but with Hourly Rooms, you can simply book a room for the night, rest up, and get back on the road the next day.
The best way to unwind for a while – Many times, travelers face issues related to travel, such as long layovers or their flight simply being delayed, and most people dislike waiting at the airport; some spend their time waiting at restaurants, but with hourly rooms, you can book your short stay at the hotel and relax there for a while because hourly rooms do not require you to pay extra at the hotel.
If you’re looking for a short stay on the weekend for your daily travel with friends and family, you can save money by using Hourly Rooms.