Breadcrumbs are not only important to improve your Magento store’s SEO but also for improving the UX. The Breadcrumbs will help improve the UX, SEO optimization and ultimately, sales in your Magento store.
Breadcrumbs’ main function is to enable users to quickly return back to their previous navigation pages. When users are looking at content, they may also want to see other pages. Breadcrumb navigation is ideal for this purpose. Today we will discuss multiple aspects related to breadcrumbs within your Magento store.
What are Magento Breadcrumbs
Magento breadcrumbs is a way to find the products in your store. It is a tool that allows you to identify the product category or subcategory. The users will be able identify which page is currently being accessed by knowing the categories and subcategories. You don’t have to use breadcrumbs on your ecommerce site, but it can be beneficial.
Types Of Magento Breadcrumbs
According to their characteristics and usage, breadcrumbs are broken down into three categories. Allow taking a look at those categories.
Because they are the most used, you’ll find the hierarchy-based breadcrumbs readily on ecommerce. During those breadcrumbs, that users can understand the output they are reviewing acts of which category/subcategory. So they can easily go to the appropriate category or subcategory directly from the product details.
These breadcrumbs do not work like the back button on your browser, unlike the hierarchy-based breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs allow customers to return to their previous pages by clicking the breadcrumb.
History-based breadcrumbs prove to be extremely helpful if users simply want to move back and forth across the site after using multiple filters in the category pages. This breadcrumb emphasizes the click, not the button.
Attribute-based breadcrumbs enable users to see all attributes for a product they select on the page. These breadcrumbs prove extremely useful in ecommerce stores where there is a lot of product options and many different attributes. You can apply filters and attributes to the top of your page. These breadcrumbs do not look the same as the hierarchy base breadcrumbs. The attribute-based breadcrumbs include the selected filters. The hierarchy-based breadcrumbs only provide the path. These breadcrumbs are also able to be edited by users to remove filters.
In SEO terms, Breadcrumbs can be used for multiple purposes.
- Breadcrumbs improve the user experience for the ecommerce website and also help with behavioral issues.
- Breadcrumbs form part of the networks for internal linking, which help search engines better index the site.
- This navigation can be found in the Search Engine Search Page Snippets. Users can then open the section they are interested in immediately, without needing to search through the whole site.
On an ecommerce website with only a handful of CMS pages, breadcrumbs might not be required. Breadcrumbs will come in handy if your inventory includes hundreds of products or categories.
Tips to Keep in mind when you set up the breadcrumbs for your Magento Store
The first step is to decide if the additional navigation setting on your website will allow users to navigate more easily through your site. An online ecommerce site is an ideal example where it is difficult to navigate between different product types. Breadcrumbs can help you do this in a seamless way and still allow you to navigate through the site.
The breadcrumbs are easy to locate on the page. It does possible to avoid this Navigation but it is an important aspect of the website. This should not be overbearing. It is vital to keep the sequence consistent – you should have it on all pages if you are providing this navigation.
Make sure to implement the breadcrumbs on Magento. Breadcrumbs are a good way to increase SEO and encourage visitors to explore the most important areas on the website. This navigation can help improve SEO and make the website more searchable.
Breadcrumbs Best Practices
A common rule of thumb is to offer two types at the same time in an ecommerce shop. But, eCommerce development firms do limited to one example: hierarchy-based breadcrumbs. Folio3 the best online ecommerce company recognizes the user flow and navigation in the store and applies breadcrumbs accordingly also.
The Breadcrumb navigation: Here are some perspectives.
Linear approaches create a user’s path from the main to the current page. The description includes navigation, so users can read the structure of the site from the issue page. This approach is well-known and can be seen in breadcrumbs. That approach works best when the user searches for the product and then wants to look into more general categories. The approach is not likely to result in you losing any customers also.
Instead of showing the whole route, a “back” link can be placed on the page. It’s similar to the browser button “back”, but easier. This works best on sites with many filters. After users click on the back button, all filters do reset. This means that they will have to configure their filters again. The breadcrumbs fix this issue by returning users to the original page with all their filters also.
The attributive breadcrumbs form by grouping categories and tags. It is great for building eCommerce stores . The users can select the mobile device they want, within a predetermined price range and color also.
A single method of breadcrumbs might not be enough for better UX. Two types of breadcrumbs may do required if you need to. Each species has its unique task and combined breadcrumbs navigation makes it useful. One is for the building and the other for the history of the site also.
Some Important Points About Breadcrumbs Navigation
Some Important Points to Consider
- Breadcrumb Navigation does generally a horizontal strip placed at the top. But they do not widely used. Vertical stripes are also available, but they may not be as popular.
- It is a navigational element and can do used to influence user behavior. Search engines also check for this.
- Breadcrumbs should look natural in your store’s overall design and it shouldn’t seem strange.
- Always start at the homepage. This is what the users do used to.
- Use the “> symbol to separate different elements in the path. Most users see this symbol as a separator and use it for that purpose.
- Use breadcrumbs only on the homepage.
- Boldface represents the last element that shows the current page doing used by users also.
Breadcrumbs Benefits For SEO
- Locator-based breadcrumbs enable search engine crawlers to link with the website, which helps in achieving higher rankings on SERPs.
- You can add keywords to pages in your breadcrumbs. This can improve your SEO
- It improves the website’s internal linking and arranges links juice between pages
- The SERPs integrate with breadcrumbs to make search results more attractive to visitors also.
Remove and Add Breadcrumbs to Your Magento Store.
Follow these steps in order to enable breadcrumbs for your Magento store
- Log in at the Admin Panel to access your store
- Navigate > Navigation tostores
- In the category you can click on Webtab to expand the section Default Page
- Select yesfor show breadcrumbs for CMS pages and enable it.
- After that, click the Save Configuration
Remove the breadcrumbs and cookies from Magento store. Select No in show breadcrumbs for CMS page
In today’s article we will go over every aspect of Magento 2 breadcrumbs, their benefits for SEO and UX improvement, and how you can add breadcrumbs to your Magento 2 store. Folio3 is the best Magento web development company, has extensive experience in implementing these functionalities and features with proper design. Tell us about your requirements also.