A social media presence was not a requirement long ago because not everyone used it. The percentage of American adults who use social media has risen from 26 per cent in 2009 to 72 per cent in 2021. Three out of four people are active on social media.
However, being on social media alone is not enough. It would help if you had interactions with others. How can you increase your followers? Here are some strategies that will help you grow your online community.
Get to know your audience.
It’s easy to have a conversation with old friends. It’s easy to get to know your old friend and buy facebook likes uk. It’s not easy to find a comfort zone with someone completely new.
Social media is no exception. It would help if you first learned about your audience before you can start a meaningful conversation. Personas are the best way to start conversations. These are the questions you should ask:
- Who are you looking to meet?
- What are they doing?
- What are their priorities?
- What can you do to add value and joy to their lives?
You can find answers by trying different methods of communicating with your audience. To find out their interests, you can post a picture of yourself doing something you enjoy and ask them to do it. People love to share their interests, and the more familiar you are, the more reason they will follow you.
Don’t keep score. Start building relationships
It’s easy to get distracted by the numbers when trying to gain more followers. If you make genuine connections, less can be more. You won’t succeed if you have bot followers, spam followers, or followers that aren’t relevant to your business.
Engaging your audience is key to building relationships and inspiring brand loyalty. Engage in conversations. Answer questions, comments, or complaints. Listen carefully to what people say, understand their perspectives and offer thoughtful contributions.
Although it may seem difficult to put more emphasis on quality than quantity, genuineness is the key to gaining more followers. You may have different numbers of followers than someone else, which is not what you should aim to be. Instead, be a thought leader in your industry and your local community.
Focus on Valuable, Shareable Content
It’s easier to create and share content that informs or entertains your audience when you have a better understanding. Your followers will share content they enjoy and are more likely to recommend it to their friends, colleagues, and family.
These are some tips for sharing valuable content:
- Always remember your audience. While self-promotion is sometimes a good idea, it can lead to a loss of followers. According to BuzzStream and Fractl, 45 per cent of social media users polled said they would not follow brands that do excessive self-promotion.
- Your content selections should be relevant and timely. Discussions about new year’s resolutions are not a good idea in September.
- You can share and retweet great content, but that shouldn’t be the only aspect of your content strategy. You can create original content, offer unique insight, and be a recognized expert in your field.
- When posting on social media, remember to follow the rules. LinkedIn may have different regulations than Facebook.
Don’t limit your audience to words.
Text alone tends to attract more attention than visual content. Let’s look at the statistics if you are sceptical.
- The number of views for content accompanied by relevant images is 94% higher than the number of prints without them.
- Video posts on social media get 1200% more engagement than text or images combined.
- Watching a video makes it 64 per cent more likely that users will buy a product.
Maintain a consistent schedule
It would help if you had an ongoing strategy to grow your followers. A content calendar can help you organize and plan your posts, tie in seasonal subjects and promotions, and create exciting content.
Consistently posting content will keep your audience engaged, and you’ll be top of mind. Here are some examples from Buffer to help you understand what a content calendar looks like. https://techupdatescorner.com/
Focus on the local audience
Targeting local social media users is a great way to reach people if you have a brick-and-mortar storefront. You can use hashtags to get into the local market, which is very effective. Although they have become a joke due to their misuse and overuse, hashtags are intended to help you search for posts.
Use hashtags on Instagram and Twitter to increase your followers. If you are looking for Austin-related content, hashtags can help you get more followers.