When it comes to user experience, there is no doubt that the future of this field looks bright with many opportunities for those who are eager to learn and be creative. In fact, most professional UX designers often tell their students or people who want a career change with a desire to become a UX designer that now is the best time to start.
There are three main reasons why this statement is true:
1) Employment growth in 201-5 – 2020
According to statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment growth among User Experience Designers is estimated at 21 percent between 2010 and 2020. This means an employment increase by over 30% which far exceeds the national average of 7 percent. Also, according to data published on payscale, a UX designer on average earns a salary between $59,838 and $77,872 which is higher. than the national average of $50,620 per year.
2) Great job opportunities
There are many jobs waiting to be filled as more and. More companies continue to realize the importance of having a good user experience design in place. In addition to this, there is also a large pool of UX design opportunities. From new startups as well as from bigger companies who have been increasingly investing in big data analytics tools. For better communication with their consumers. As a result of these factors combined together – one will never find it difficult to find a job. That pays at least around 60K or above, especially if he/she decides to specialize in a certain area. Such as eye-tracking or usability testing.
3) The need for UX professionals is huge and growing
We live in an era where the demand for online shopping and digital transactions is at its peak. There’s a never-ending list of innovative things that we can do on the internet; however, every single day, there will always be lots of users who find it difficult to use your site because of poor design.
This means one should not neglect to design their website with clear navigation, thoughtfully written texts, and useful call-to-action buttons for a better user experience. Statistics show that these factors contribute greatly to customer satisfaction which leads directly to increased conversions and better ROI. The fact that you are reading this article right now implies how big and urgent the need is for UX designers.
Some Other Great Reasons
There are many other reasons why now is the best time to enter this career path such as:
– There’s plenty of room to develop and improve your skills because there aren’t a lot of professionals in this field. This means you will have ample opportunities to be creative with little competition compared to other fields. Such as programming which is already crowded.
– You can do it from anywhere – All you need is a laptop, good internet connection and good coffee beside you – every single day! No commuting and no office politics involved.
– The knowledge you’ll gain will serve as an asset forever – A degree lasting forever has its worth even during recessions or periods where jobs are scarce.
– Lastly, because this is a growing industry, there’s so much to learn. For example one can conduct his own usability testing or get involved in other forms of research. Such as eye-tracking and click testing which is not widely known by the public. But play important roles in providing valuable insights to companies who want to improve their user experience design.
I hope you find this article useful and I recommend anyone who’s considering a future in UX design to take massive action now or if you already have the necessary skills, start applying for jobs at your nearest professional animation studio & other web design companies.
The need for professional help in implementing user experience design has never been greater. And it’ll only grow in the years to come. Are you ready to get serious about beginning your journey into UX design today?