Decades ago traveling in taxis was a big deal as not everyone could afford the ride cost taxis charged from the passengers. Years later, now it has become one of the important modes of transportation among people. The major reason for this change in the market is the availability and affordability of services. The smartphone revolution is one of the major causes that has led to this sudden surge in the Uber clone app market.
If not for Uber, the taxi market would not have boomed up to this great extent. The pioneer of the on-demand app market created a pace for several other entrepreneurs to try out their hands in the market. Rapid urbanization is also one of the major reasons why people are so sophisticated with taxi cabs. Would you like to make use of their opportunity to step into the lucrative taxi market? then, do not look further and start reading this blog where I have discussed developing an effective Uber clone app.
Quick peek into the numbers flaunt by Uber
- According to trustable sources, Uber has gained around 93 million active users globally.
- In 2020, it generated annual revenue of $11.1 billion
- During the Q4 of 2020, it completed around 1.44 billion rides globally.
- By January 2021, it occupied 68 percent of the US ride-hailing market.
- In 2020, the app was downloaded by users for around 95 million times.
How Uber emerged as a leader in the ride-hailing industry?
Travel is an important component of our daily day activities. The mode we choose for our travel depends on the level of comfortability we prefer and affordability. For decades, taxis and cabs were destined only to a certain group of people whereas, for others, it was just merely a dream.
The purpose of taxi booking apps is to provide a comfortable ride experience for the users along with an easy booking facility. What was started as a niche is now considered an on-demand service. The increase in smartphone and internet users explicitly paved the way for the success of these apps. But, then Uber being the first of its kind inspired millions of entrepreneurs across the globe.
There are numerous reasons for the success of Uber. They followed a simple workflow and aimed at offering services that are easily accessible. Even a layman could operate the app easily. Their user-friendly interface invited several users to the platform. It was time-saving for them to schedule their rides rather than spending hours contacting the agencies to book their rides.
How does an app like Uber work?
When discussing the workflow of Uber, it follows a simple working model. This allows the users to easily access the app. Let us see in-depth how the app works seamlessly for the users to schedule their rides.
- The app is available on the respective platforms which the users can download swiftly.
- They can easily register with the app using their login credentials like email address, or phone number. They can also sign in using their social media accounts.
- The users can enter their drop-off location in the app as their pick-up location will be directly assessed by the app.
- Based on the distance of the drop-off location and traffic congestion prevailing in the destination, the ride fare will be calculated.
- The users will get their ride estimation at the time of booking. However, followed by that it will start sharing the ride requests with the drivers.
- The drivers who are nearby the pick-up location will receive the ride requests. However, the interested drivers comfortable with the drop-off location will accept the ride.
- Upon the ride confirmation, the users will receive the details about their assigned drivers. They can contact their drivers through that information.
- Once the ride is completed, they can pay for their ride through their feasible payment mode. They can choose between various options like card payment, in-app wallets, net banking, etc.
Why building an app like Uber will boost your taxi-hailing business?
The taxi booking market is emerging as a leading industry owing to its lucrativeness. As an entrepreneur, you will get immense opportunities to generate your revenue in several ways. By launching your Uber clone, you can establish a platform for both the drivers and the users. Passengers will be able to book their rides efficiently through your app. At the same time, the drivers will also be able to earn their rewards.
The ready-made Uber clone app is a perfect choice, blended with pre-built features and scalability. This will help you grow your business incessantly. The white-label Uber clone will also let you rebrand and customize the app according to your level of creativity. Moreover, this uniqueness will help you find a place in the ever-competitive market.
How to develop an Uber clone app to succeed in the taxi-hailing business?
- Firstly, get ready with the facts and trends of the market. These numbers about the market will take you forward in understanding the growth of the market and what it actually needs.
- Analyze the performance and market share of your competitors. It is very important to understand their role in the market as it will take you towards idea formulation. On the other hand, you can also learn about the technology of their products and create your own strategies.
- Frame your own business model so that you can decide the forums through which you can earn your revenue. The success of a business depends on the effective business model as framed by the companies. So, decide your own business model.
- Materialize your ideas with the help of a good developers’ team. There are numerous app development firms for providing clone app development services. Opting for them will minimize the overall app development cost.
Over the years, there is an upsurge in the taxi app market. This rise is the result of the demands arising from people. The introduction of the taxi booking app is the laying stone that made a strong foundation for other services to march into the market. The opportunity to outshine in the on-demand market is right here! Hunt around the town and find your best app development company that can partner with you in developing your Uber clone app.